Saturday, June 24, 2006

1. Solitude...

Here I am today with no friends to lean on,
Those who I’ve trusted with my life are long before me gone,
So here I wait, and curse my fate,
Was it a mistake to be compassionate?
I’d try to be less though,
It makes my weak heart ache,
Friends, parents and siblings with each passing day, break;
A part of my heart, a little of me;
Little do they know without them, it’s them, not me;
So here I am, and with me, my heart,
Which is fifty percent powder and fifty percent hard,
I do not know how long I can carry on,
Sooner or later even I shall be gone.
So my dear friends, remember this,
Make the maximum of this person as long as he is,
So here I say what I want you to do,
I don’t even know if it gets through to you,
All I could do is to wait and wait,
Till the day gives its judgment away.
Then I shall be happy, not in heaven though,
But that’s the closest where I can go,
If only I did get some shoulder to lean on,
I might have made it to heaven, who knows!
So now I thank you all my dear friends,
For not being there for me when I needed the men,
I thank you profusely; I thank you the most,
For giving life to the poet who I didn’t know,
Now my days of solitude disperse,
I think I’ve found someone who’d help me converse,
If not with others, with myself though,
And always who’s there for me wherever I go.

No comments: