Saturday, June 24, 2006

16. Back to Square 1.

Here I sit lone again,
All my efforts have been in vain,
I tried my level best though,
All but my beloved, seem to know.

I try my best to calm my heart,
But it’s the most difficult part,
The heart is sore, it really is,
What was once hers, is again his.

Here I sit and my heart simmers,
And with each passing minute the hope grows dimmer,
And I come to realize this,
Once a loser always is.

I am short of friends to turn to,
For all I know are already two,
I fear them for a simple reason,
Lest I spoil their love season.

It’s in my fate you see,
Even after having so many friends,
A loner I shall always be,
All due to the grace of thee.

The only thing am thankful for,
Is for your best gift of all,
You’ve given me a reason, a pain,
For which I shall be happy to love again.

The poems harsh, it’s very rude,
It wouldn’t have, had you been prude,
But with a heart all I could do is brood,
About why did god make me so crude?

No comments: