Saturday, June 24, 2006

17. The Penultimate Sonnet.

Tomorrows chocolate day,
But I’ll waste the day away,
Its not that I hate to go,
I can’t stand the pressure, you know.

I’ve not healed completely yet,
Cannot stand the sight of emotion or heart melt,
I wasn’t always like this though,
I was me until you let me go.

I try to hide, O so I try,
I walk alone, so that my heart may dry,
Dry heart is not new for me,
‘Twas the way always meant to be.

I could relieve myself a bit,
If at least someone bothers to sit,
But the day whizzes by, no ones here,
All I have for company is my only fear.

I tried to get to people though,
I tried the ones I hardly know,
They were patient, they did listen,
Or at least they pretended so.

By the end of day, as the night draws near,
The heart still keeps entertaining its fear,
It’s a weak one, can’t control it,
All I can do is just let it beat.

The titles sonnet and I ramble on,
As the poem, the significance of my life is gone,
A sonnet you know must end on seven,
As for my life, I wonder when?

No comments: