Saturday, June 24, 2006

19. Saga of Loneliness.

The day has passed, yet another year,
And still I am, without my dear,
I choose to write, for that’s all I can do,
Poems are the pastime I look forward to.

I had resolved, that by this V-day,
I shall be happy, in my own spring of May,
But 2 months seldom offer enough time,
And whenever I saw her, I stood like a mime.

I just didn’t have, the courage in me,
I feared to ask her, if she’d be,
Mine for the ages and aeons to come,
For I feared that, I’d look like a bum.

The fear of rejection, doesn’t bother me,
For I have the very thing, as my destiny,
It’s the fear of loosing a friend that I dread,
And hence I keep sewing, without a thread.

I keep making friends at every inch,
Just like a sewing machine sewing a stitch,
The only difference that I come to see,
Is that I don’t bind their hearts to me.

Till this day, all that I have done,
Is made friends a many, and a lover none,
I never did regret this, not even once,
But now I do, for the fear of loosing my chum.

So then, what did I decide to do?
I let her go, just as the wise men said to do,
They said that if we were meant to be,
The day shall come, when her I’ll get to see.
Not as a friend but my lasting love to be..

So here I wait, for my love to be back,
And I have stopped making resolutions that I have to sack,
I must be patient, for that’s the key,
And I shall be a happy man ………… eventually.

The saga shall continue………………………well,…………hopefully.

No comments: